The President and Secretary have a term beginning in odd years:
Current: Jan. 1, 2021, through Dec. 31, 2022
Upcoming: Jan. 1, 2023, through Dec. 31, 2024
The Vice President and Treasurer have a term beginning even years:
Current: Jan. 1, 2022, through Dec. 31, 2023
Upcoming: Jan. 1, 2024, through Dec. 31, 2025
1. The President is SEACT’s Chief Executive Officer. S/he shall preside at all meetings, establish committees as necessary (and approved by the Board of Directors), appoint members to the Board of Directors, in accordance with Article VIII, and represent SEACT adopted policy positions. The President shall approve all expenditures and carry out the organization’s aims and objectives.
2. The President shall present an annual work plan and operating budget at a date and time set by the SEACT Board of Directors for approval by majority vote.
3. If the President is absent or disabled, the Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer, in such order of succession, shall assume the duties and powers of the President.
1. The Vice President shall coordinate with the President to carry out SEACTpurposes and the programs established by its members. In the President’s absence, the Vice President shall preside over the Board of Directors and general membership meetings.
2. The Vice President shall provide oversight to committee chairs in accordance with the direction determined by the Board of Directors and objectives identified in the SEACT annual workplan.
1. The Secretary shall keep an accurate record of all acts and proceedings of SEACT, shall maintain proper membership records, and give notices to members and officers, whenever required or directed to do so, and shall, in general, perform the duties usually required of the office of Secretary.
2. The Secretary shall serve as parliamentarian and keep complete and accurate minutes of each Chapter meeting. Copies of minutes shall be forwarded to ACT within one calendar month.
3. The Secretary may send out electronic Board meeting notices as instructed by the President in accordance with the Bylaws.
1. The Treasurer shall receive and safely keep all money belonging to the organization and shall disburse same under the direction of the Board of Directors. S/he shall keep a proper and accurate account of receipts, disbursements, and finances, and shall present an annual report to the Board of Directors and general membership at such date, time, and place established by a majority vote of the SEACT Board of Directors. Copies of all financial reports shall be filed within the timelines established by ACT in such form as it may require.
2. The Treasurer shall receive all monies, checks, drafts, debit/credit cards or other forms of electronic payments on behalf of SEACT and shall endorse same for deposit in a bank account designated by the SEACT Board of Directors.